Thursday, January 15, 2009

KL Day 2

After all the drama roller coaster on my day 0, my KL training moved on to Day 2. Day 2 started with my poor back was still not adjusting to Mariott’s ‘heavenly’ bed. To me, it’s not that heavenly though I have loved Mariott’s thick and fluffy and most importantly, warm, bed cover since my Deloitte’s days. It’s just too soft for me. Who am I kidding for since I have my Slumberland royalty super hard and sturdy mattress at home. So, for the past 2 days I had been twisting and turning with all my might to find the comfortable (not too soft) spot of the king sized bed for me to snooze on. Due to this mishap, I started my days with sleep deprived face in desperate need for coffee. From Day 1, we learned that our training center is exactly in the same hotel building, which means, we don’t even need to wake up that early, in translation, more snoozing time. But that extra snoozing time was easily offset by my back. So it’s a no brainer that I planned to sleep off the wake up call if it’s not so annoying with 10 minutes interval. By the time my brain set off on the reality, I was so late that I had to quickly do my morning routines, have a speedy breakfast and off to the class to check emails before the class started.

Today’s training touched on the tougher subject yet emphasized the same importance to my work though so far I haven’t have the need to do the process but sooner or later I’ll be required to do so. As a result, regardless how my eyelids tempted to close down, I still had to stay alert and awake, and off course having the faculty chirping behind our team’s back to give more indirect stress every now and then helped me to stay focus. Time flew so fast that it’s lunch time already and this time it’s another different restaurant in the hotel. The hotel has total of 4 restaurants, so we were wondering whether when we’re going to have lunch in the 4th restaurant since it looked like a rotation.

I realized that working in a team during training develop more inputs and ideas to solve questions and exercise given. Also, more importantly, since we’re not that familiar to each other, I find that the way we converse our opinion or objection was slightly different compare to when we do the same thing with our colleagues in the office. And it’s amusing at the same time as forcing yourself to adjust faster than you previously thought so. With that thought, the Day 2 lesson ended.

For a compulsory event, they arranged us a dinner cruise, much to our delight and excitement. We ventured off to Putrajaya man-made lake for our cruise. We did take tons of pictures since the building and settings were fantastic for sight seeing. Then another reality hit me, I really need to lose weight! The sight of me in the pics was so huge and with my heavy top and light colored sweater that I wore today, the impact was even worse. So, the lesson learned was to always wear black top whenever there’re any chances of picture taking, never think twice. After a couple of poses and pictures taken, I did manage to lesser the impact which was dully noted by my colleagues. Dinner was nice with romantic setting. The cruise was set for couples in the first place, so when they started to play 80’s love songs like those by Michael Learns To Rock, it just felt weird. But by that time, nobody even bothered to complain because we were all too engross with our food and conversation and off course to go to the top to take more pics.

So, Day 2 ended nicely with our bus returned back to the hotel with passengers’ stomach satisfied by the dinner and cameras filled with pics of happy smiley faces with Putrajaya government office background.

No comments: