Saturday, January 3, 2009

Luffa with Mi Soa



Ingredients:

100 gr Luffa (It's Oyong), peeled and sliced evenly - it's about 1 or 2 piece

5 gr Ebi
, washed and chopped to small pieces
200 gr Mi Soa (or Somen), boiled and strained - about 2 packet

5 cloves garlic, chopped (I like more garlic, so usually I put more than 5)

Seasonings: Sugar, White pepper, Salt to your taste

  1. In a wok, heat up oil with high fire, stir fry garlic and ebi until fragrant
  2. Put in the sliced Luffa and stir fry until rather soft
  3. Put in the strained Mi Soa and quickly season it with the seasonings
  4. Keep stir frying until the seasoning is evenly distributed
For me personally, I like this dish to be as dry as possible. If I can make it happen, I want the Mi Soa a bit crispy too on the outside. But, you can make it like a soup too. Just add more water or chicken stock and definitely add more seasoning to balance the liquid.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy, no pic to make me drool further?

Jen ;)

kyuriri said...

Hehehe, here is the pic for you to drill on. I use the colorful somen... taste better :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, drooling...thanks so much for the photo :)

looks yummy though i am not a bit fan of luffa.

Jen

Anonymous said...

where can I get this luffa?! I've looked at the chinese grocery but found none..hiks...
The pic sure makes me hungry! I want mi soa soupppp...!!

kyuriri said...

for US or AUS, probably this veggie is in Chinese grocery store in seasonal mode, so you must be patient. Alternatively you can use Japanese cucumber, peeled, but can't beat the original though :d