Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chicken 'Noodle' Soup


I've been craving for chicken noodle soup from QFC (people might say what the...? but it's one my comfort food couple years back, eaten together with corn bread will make you full for the rest of the day). Alas, I can't make the corn bread since I can't find any place that sell cornmeal flour in Singapore. But, at least I still can make the soup, I sub the 'noodle' with elbow pasta.
500 gr chicken breast, cubed (I like boneless and skinless, but you might want to buy the ones with skin to make the soup more 'hearthy' -- the nice way to say fatty)
1/2 bunch of celery, cubed
350 gr carrot, cubed
1 big onion, cubed
Olive oil
Seasoning: bay leaf, marjoram, thyme, pepper, sugar, salt
Elbow pasta, boiled and drenched
Sauté onion with olive oil in the big soup pan in medium high until soft. Add celery, carot and seasoning and cook it until half done.
Pour in about 1L to 1.25L water and bring to boil. Let it simmer for about another 20 minutes and add the chicken. Simmer in low heat for another 20 minutes.
To serve, place elbow pasta on the soup bowl and pour down the soup

No comments: