Monday, May 26, 2008

Dior Make Up

I become a Diorskin fan ever since I bought the Diorskin Extreme-Fit Moist-Compact SPF25 a few months ago to replace my expired Laura Mercier's compact and after throwing away my Faceshop compact (not working on my skin, sadly). The powder is so smooth on my skin and really make the skin look smooth and flawless. It hides my panda eyes, so I don't need anymore concealer. By the way, if you need to use a concealer, I recommend to use Dior's too, I used one for quite number of years before I use their powder, and it blends well with your skin after you put all your skincare). Back to the compact, the powder pad is washable (if you use too many times, it'll look unsightly and according to some article I read, it can cause acne on your face) and the texture remains soft after it dries. What makes me even happier with this product is that it cover all my pores but it's easily wash off and it didn't hang around and clog my pores after wearing it for a long day.
This experience makes me want to try out the other products and I bought the Dior Harmonie de Blush because I don't really have a real blush. Initially I was going to buy the highlighter. But, when I tried it on my hand, I couldn't see the color. Too shimmery, and I don't feel like to 'shine' that much in places other than parties. So, the duty free assistant happily show me the blusher. What makes me happy about this product is that it got 4 blush color, so when you move the brush from right to left (from the brightest color), you got the right color combination to apply for your cheeks, and with just 1 blush you already got the color, and it stays. It also have some bronze color glitters although not literally visible as what you can see for the highlither. And, with that 4 color, you also can use that 4 colors as eye shadows and it didn't cake out on your eyelids. It's a treat as you pay kind of extra for Dior products (you got to admit, make up can be expensive).
Another product that I just bought recently is the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss to replace my expired lipgloss (I think they already passed their expiry dates way before now). I admit though I'm fussy about skincare but I couldn't really care less about make up only until recently when I start to know how to apply them fast (10 minutes complete with eyeliner and mascara). The gloss is nice (heck, it's one of Dior's bestseller anyway). It gives you shimmer and glow, but not excessively done, meaning that it doesn't make your lips stand out too much especially if you have a quite wide and thick lips like mine *shy*. I find that Dior gloss is head to head with the Chanel ones, the only difference is the colour as Dior has more range towards purple-ish colors whereas Channel is more to pinkish (mostly darker pink).
What I want to purchase next time if it's available at the Duty Free counter is Dior Five-Colour EyeShadow-Beige Massai. It's always out of stock. I like the bronze color because it's bold,neutral (you can play alot with its combination) and you can match it up for any outfits and any occassions. Last time I end up bought Shiseido's 4 colour palate instead. Shiseido is nice but if you go to gym with the eyeshadow on and you're sweating, the color will either run off or caked out on your lids, so must stay at 24 hour aircon. Clarin's done the trick. It stays nicely after 1 hour of sauna.

No comments: