Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Body Shop

In the midst of Great Singapore Sale aka GSS, BodyShop's been supportive as giving huge good deals on their products. I always see the outlets splattered with huge Sale signs with 20% or 30% or even 45% off. I'm not a huge fan of BodyShop. To me, BodyShop is the brand to buy when I'm desperately need of cream or lotions and there's no other brands worth buying in the same building. It happened to me when I was back in Jakarta with no moisturizer (ooo, yes, I'm vain, so what?) and other brands are obviously over priced. However, I've got to give thumbs up for their deals. After discount, their products are worth buying. Some of Body Shop products that I would recommend are:
  • BodyShop's bath accessories ~ I particularly like their bath lilies. The price is still within a range about 5$ and it lasts quite long and the soft color doesn't fade off (note: Faceshop's green bath sponge fades off). Also, you should try their bath brushes (also available in lots of wonderful colors to match your bath lilies). It makes your bath expreience more exciting and your back clear from acnes.
  • BodyShop's body butter ~ Note that it's called body butter but I never use it for my body. It's for my feet. My dear feet are very dry ever since I stop wearing socks. Foot butter are too sticky (depends on the brand) sometimes so this body butter is just a nice substitute. I like the Moringa scent (bought it when it's 34$ for 2 *grin*) on top of other scents (they always come out with the new scent every now and then).
  • BodyShop's Vitamin E Moisture Serum ~ This is the product that I bought from the story above. At first I doubtful about it. I don't think I'll use this for my main serum. However, I can point you the good thing about it. If you wear make-up, this product doesn't cake up your make-up. So I'm quite happy with this one because Origin's moisturizers, although their are good and I've been using them for years, they don't go well with make up (too sticky then your powder will clump at 1 spot).

One thing that I don't like about BodyShop is that they charge the membership card. Other major brands like Kose, Shiseido, Origins, or Clarins don't even charge this. As long as you buy above 150$, you can sign up and expiry date varies. Origins is the best because they now implement the card, which means you can shop at any Origins counters, you don't need to bring the card for stamping, the free gift is not in super mini sizes and it'll last months, and after certain amount of purchase (either 500$,1000$ and so on) you get 1 full-sized product and the card expires about 2-3 years later. Kose's ranks the second with the Kose Beauty Center vouchers as a reward option (expiry in 1 year).

No comments: