Monday, July 14, 2008

Bangalore Day 3,4,5 ~~

Day 3 in Bangalore started with major stomachache… ouch… and off course follow by major diarrhea. Not sure whether this was caused by my stomach unable to adjust to having curry everyday, or the gap between the meals (FYI, our lunch started at 1.30 and dinner most likely started at 8). But whatever the reason is, I suffered for the next 2 days. I went to the wellness center in the office and the ‘doctor’ there gave me the medicine plus electrolyte powder. I’m impressed with India’s electrolyte. It tasted like Calpis water J. So at least I don’t have to force drink myself. We had another event on our Day 3. It’s bowling follow by dinner. Me and several colleagues arrived first at the ‘7-star’ hotel. He hotel was nice with the beautiful garden spread to entice your eyes. It’s like an oasis in the middle of dessert. And that’s the first time I saw BMW and its likes in Bangalore. We happily went to the room and waited, waited, nobody come so we attacked the appetizer and turned out the rest of the team were already down there play bowling. I didn’t play bowling, just happily cheered people because I scared if I move too much, my effort drinking the electrolytes go wasted, so don’t want to take a chance. After 1 game of bowling which took 2 hours to finish (8 people shared 1 lane hihi), we finally hit the buffet spread, only to find… curry served in more glamorous silver disk. By that time, I only looked for white color food only. As much as I like curry, I prefer to be able to survive until day 5 without having to go to hospital. After we got to hotel, I ate the medicine given to me in the afternoon, and it was a bad decision.

By Day 4 morning, I haven’t really slept for 1 hour continuously. So, there I was in the classroom looking pale and sick like a zombie. I only got better after I drink the 2nd ‘Calpis’ powder drink. I’m a bit sad when I decided not to join the rest of the crowd take the stroll to Bangalore city side. The gals were so nice help me buy the pink shawl. It’s nice and I loved it J. We passed Saibaba’s castle again on our way back to the hotel. This time it’s in daylight and the castle is totally different light. It’s in beige color with lots of colored glass for the windows. Still grand but I think the night view is more majestic. My dinner for the night was… room service. The food was so plain that I was too happy to eat it. O ya, we couldn’t take picture of our company logo from the office premises. So, we have to… walk till the outside pavement to take the picture J. The security guard didn’t say that we can’t take the picture at all, did he *wink*.

Day 5, finally, our last day in Bangalore. As I ride our usual bus to the office, I noticed certain things about Bangalore. Although lots of construction in the midst of run down shop buildings, there’s no holes, I repeat, no holes on the main roads, unlike some countries (off course, you know which countries I’m talking about right :)). I didn’t see any beggars hanging around the roads and intersections. People just buzzing around doing their own jobs, which is the sign of moving up, the city is building for the better. The ‘bajaj’ in Bangalore are in yellow and bigger, but with the same noise, off course. If there’s no noise, it’s not bajaj, right? Our last day of training went so fast and it’s time for us to part and quickly back to hotel to go to airport. Alas, we were caught with a very bad jam on our way to the airport. To avoid jam, our smart driver took the bus to the short-cut, and I noticed that the road getting smaller and smaller, and the street getting ruddier. It’s India at the ‘kampong’ side. It took us more than 2 hours to reach airport in the end. By the time we got to the airport, one of my Aussie colleage almost missed her flight. Luckily she’s still can check-in, so there she was rushing through the crowded airport. Btw, On the airport gate, they placed the biggest LV bag I’ve ever seen. But due to time constraint, we did not have the chance taking picture, late alone shop for some pins *bye bye my collections**. We had pasta for dinner and IT’S PLAIN!! By the time we finish our dinner, off we were for boarding. During the flight, I made sure that I get the continental dish. No curry for my tummy for the rest of the month (I predict). We reached Singapore at 6am, I was half awake by the time I got home and quickly snoozed until 4pm :) :).

So there, the Bangalore adventure ends here. :) :) :)

No comments: