Monday, January 19, 2009

KL Day 3-5

A very late posting indeed, considering how many days passed by. Well, by the time I reached SG on Saturday night, I was exhausted and having a chronic headache didn't help much. So, here is the recap.


Day 3 started bright and shiny with another streaming of lectures and activities. And I did a wrong time management to start the day and end up late for class. Well, actually not late, the class just started early because if we finished earlier, it meant more time can be spent shopping at KLCC. During the training, we also had role plays during the day to practice what we have learnt. By the end of the day, apparently the faculty were keeping tabs on who never presented before, so the last role play of the day went to yours truly. Luckily, it's not a tough one, but enough to give you a bit of cold sweat :). So the day ended with us venturing to KLCC. But roaming through KLCC to me meant take picture of any angle of KLCC and to hunt for more sandals at VINCCI (do I spell it right?). So basically we spent the whole 1.5hour duration after dinner taking pictures and... shoes shopping. We didn't even bother to look further than VINCCI.

Taking picture using my colleague camera seemed to be a challenge for me. We wanted to take the singing fountain picture. She took me with the fountain perfectly. Then, it came to my turn taking her pic. I kept shaking the camera so that the pic resulted in blur. By the time, I managed to take it correctly, the fountain stopped LoL, and I got a scoffed from her. We got into the bus quickly and didn't even bother to sit on the back. The front seat was perfect for us to hide our stash of shoe boxes and avoid the stares because we just kept shopping at the same shop.


Day 4 was time to check out. That's why we got into the training room rather early. The class ran rather quickly and off course, we wouldn't want to miss our chance of taking group pics. Tons of them. It seemed like we never ran out of poses, regardless. Off course, after converted to a temporary sandal junkie by VINCCI, I quickly noticed the new sandal that one of the faculty was wearing, and my colleague kept remind me that she already told me so many times that I should get that sandals. Then, after the training was over, me and my colleague moved to CititelMidvalley to stay for one more day.

Cititel Midvalley was no Mariott, definitely, with the bathroom 1/3 sized of the one that we had in Mariott. But at least the mattress was more suitable for me. My friend was right. Midvalley mall was fantastic. It has all, from Carefour, department stores to restaurants, and off course, another VINCCI store. So to satisfy my addiction, I added another 2 pairs of sandals to my collection. The shopping center was very much crowded with people shopping for their Chinese New Year stashes.


So finally, our last day in KL. We ventured back to KLCC, because we wanted to take the pic exactly like one of my other colleagues had. But alas, day view and night view were a totally different thing. So with disappointment, we abort our mission and started to venture down to Bintang Walk. Bintang Walk was quite a long road to walk on, and not to mention, the pavement ain't flat. By halfway through, we were hot and sticky (both of us wear black because black means a slimmer you in pics, a lesson very much learnt from Day 2). So, we were ecstatic and relief when we came accross Pavillion, the latest mall in KL.

Pavilion stayed through its name. It's very clean, new, and spacious, and not so many people go there yet. No more VINCCI store this time. So we started to really walk through store by store. I found some brands that even SG doesn't carry them, and I found it to be amusing. And now it's time for my colleague to shop. All along she's been shopping for her friends and families, so it's a sign of liberation for her to start shopping for her own stuff. But poor girl, she couldn't get the shoes that she wanted because they didn't carry smaller sizes. So, with that we're ready to go back to the airport, while praying that our luggage were not overweight. Mine was still fine with 17.8kg, while my colleague's were slightly overweight with 24kg. Luckily, they let her go as it was not a full flight.

Since my short flight didn't provide dinner, we went to Burger King to have our last dinner in KL. Turned out that behind my queue, stand a totally gorgeous steward. His bag blocked my way and I was going to rant until I look up and saw his face. A split of second of gawking, I moved my way reminding myself to tell my colleague. But before I did, she also noticed. Who wouldn't notice if there's only one guy to gawk at out of the sea of uncles. And definitely we're not the only ones as we noted lots of aunties and ladies also gawked at him. Well, sometimes beauty must be appreciated, by gawking Lol.... So with that, we said goodbye to KL.

No comments: