Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Listings Starts Again....

Time sure flies too fast! By the time you realize it, Christmas chorus has started to chirp from every corners from malls to even my office's lobby. Then it hits you, year end is coming, and what have I done this year? I'm still busy in chaotic mode especially with the coming Quarter end and with all the forecasting, checklists and recons to be submitted in timely if not urgently manners. All of these will keep me as a buzzing busy bee until the end of the year. But, what's next? What's the plan for next year? Surely as we grow older and with all the recessions looming around, planning becomes more and more crucial for next year.
So, I start to carve my own to-do list for next year, and apparently my list is getting longer and longer, and it looks like I'm going to be a busy bee too next year. Some of my must-do items in 2009 are:
  1. Housing related ~ Pay property tax, pay TV license (totally forget that Singapore also do have TV license) and the bills are already laying on my table screamin at you 'Please pay!' Also, I have to renew my house loan, which means I have to do another loan shopping, calling all those banks, asking what's the rate and package that they're offering. Hopefully I'll lock in a lower interest rate thus lowering my payout amount.
  2. Immigration related ~ Renew my Singapore PR (yes! this is very important), renew my passport (though I rant and rant on it, I still have to do it), apply for US visa (another ranting but I still have to do it too, which much sighing)
  3. Further education related ~ Still stuck with CPA, and 2009 is full with dry subjects, ugh... so it'll be another saga to study read those materials
  4. Holiday related ~ in correlation to the immigration item, yep! I'm planning to go US in 2009. The will is firm that I must go US next year though, I still don't know what I'm going to do when I get there, but the point is, I have to get to US first, right? Have asked my boss for future off days and got an OK already, so I'm left with the visa.
  5. Fun related ~ OK, for this section, let me see. Hmm... With my current job, although I'm busy and work can be very hectic and stressful, surprisingly, I have more time at night than I'd ever before! So I've always been thinking that may be it's time for me to do other things that I like. Everybody knows I like food. So baking school is a top option. I've been eyeing to go for the UK City Guild 1-year certification, but I got put off before because of my master. But now as I'm taking CPA, it's a self study at your own pace, so it actually allows me to have more time on the weekdays to do other things and leave the studying to weekend section (this is the beauty of being single, you don't need to squeeze anything on weekend, just leisurely let the time pass through and do what you deem to be fit for the moment). A second option is language. I've been studying foreign language forever, but never move beyond the beginner level. I've tried and learned Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and even try to pick up French (but this one is a total failure). So, may be 2009 is time for me to further my language skill? That will be left to see.

So with that being said, I do have lots of things going on for me next year. Now comes the punching line, will I end up doing it in 2009? Or I will end up caving in again. You can list lots of things, but when it come to the doing it part, you'll end up in the spot that screaming the cliche, do I actually got the time for this? Can I afford to do this with so little time? Or just simply the worst, I don't have time for this. So, if you see me struggling to pass through next year, please give me a pad on my back because believe it or not, this girl really need it from time to time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, I like your optimism...so soon you've already come up with your list for 2009 :)

I like the holiday only...the rest, ugh... ;)

Jiayou,
Jen

kyuriri said...

Thanks Jen, yes I do like the holiday part too haha...