Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ten Ren Tea

For those who do not so into tea, Ten Ren tea is a Taiwanese tea brand specializing in Chinese tea. Their franchises has gone quite a long way from USA to South East Asia. So yes, it's highly commercialized already. Yet, they not only sell the pre-packed tea, but also the expensive ranges of tea that were priced by weight. I've long forgotten about this brand since I left US until recently my boss boil 1 cup of tea in front of me. Curious of the smell, also part of it felt like a de javu for me, I asked him what tea that he boils. When he told me it's a Ten Ren Jasmine Green tea, it hit me with the notion of 'No wonder, it smells familiar.'
During the bubble tea frenzy in Seattle, the Ten Ren branch there decided to also sell bubble tea, but they use their own tea. With same price of 3USD, they brewed the Ten Ren tea of your choice (they have quite of selection for the bubble tea), add milk, the tapioca and the topping. I loved their strawberry milk tea because they used chunky strawberry puree instead of just the essence powder. It tasted so soothing that I bought them everyday before I went to my internsip place that time. How nostalgic.
The verdict, though commercialized and considered pricey for commercialized pre-packed teas, their products are true enough to be reliable. So, tea everyone?

No comments: