Sunday, November 9, 2008

Corn Bread


Finally, the corn bread that I've been craving on just popped out from my oven. Fresh and brightly yellow, this bread is just nice eaten alone or with any of your favourite soups. And the ext catch is, it's very easy to make. The recipe itself is a no-brainer.
100 gr Cake Flour, shifted
100 gr Cornmeal, shifted
30 gr Sugar
10 gr Baking powder
4 gr Salt
1 Egg
166 gr Water
10 gr Corn syrup
60 gr Butter, melted
1/2 small can of canned whole corn, strained (I use my favorite, Green Giant)
  • Mix all the dry ingredients in 1 bowl.
  • Mix all the wet ingredients in different bowl.
  • Pour all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients' bowl. Stir gently with spatula. Be careful not to over-mixed.
  • Pour in the corn, and mix well
  • You can pour the mix into either: 1. baking pan, or 2. 12-pc muffin pan (I use muffin pan because it's easier to portion and you don't need to cut afterwards)
  • Bake in 218C for 15-20 minutes

No comments: