Monday, November 24, 2008

Salad Week

I finally reach to my limit of MSG intake and declare a lost and 'enough with the freaking MSG.' That means, no more mee siam, no more freaking economical rice, and no more ANY hawker food. I just recently realize that even the freaking Japanese restaurant use MSG. They don't call it Ajinomoto for no reason, folks. But this declaration means another thing, I must be diligent to stay in the kitchen after work which can be quite dreading. The laziness always sink into your head when you got back from the gym or worse, work, at around 9pm plus and you still have to think of what to cook. That can't do anymore.
Starting today I'll start a healthy diet for my recently poor nourished body. Today I had my lunch with a bowl of green salad and a bagel, and turn out it's not that bad. The bagel surely help to keep me from starving, after all 1 bagel = 300 Cal. So tonight I whipped myself a tuna mayo salad w/ some greenies. And I still have 2 portion left for tomorrow.
What I can hope for is that this diet lasts more than 1 week, or another saying is that my will and determination lasts for more than 1 week. I think that's good enough for me. 1 week with no MSG should at least lift some of my discomfort. So some support is needed to get through the first week :). If you see me eating greenies stuff, don't assume that I have cross over to the vegetarian lala land, I'm just trying to eat something healthier for a change.

No comments: