Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mr. Children


Mr. Children is my first encounter with J-Rock, and I like J-Rock music since then. At that time, I didn't even know the term J-Rock, and even before I know J-Pop (I was one of the dorky kids whose house didn't have satellites). I just like the songs from this particular album that my brother bought in Singapore. That first song that made me a fan of Mr. Children is 'Dakishimetai.' The song is about loving someone by being there through adversity.
Included in the playlist also their latest single, 'Hanabi,' released on Sep 2008.
What I like about Mr Children is that their music is always different in terms of arrangement in each singles. Their theme and subject is also different from time to time. Something that rarely found in Johnny's Jr band. But the downside is that this irregularity results in not all Mr Children is easy on the ear. So, I end up skipping the songs that I don't really fond of when I play Mr Children's album. The good thing is that Mr Children compilation album is literally compilation, unlike V6, which tends to scatter their songs all over their singles and albums. Also, most of Mr Children's song was written by the lead vocal, Kazutoshi Sakurai. Though their music style differs from time to time, one thing that making it easy to recognize is Sakurai's vocal. I can easily tell Mr Children's song when it's aired on the radio, though I might not have heard it before or it's been long forgotten.

No comments: