Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just Plain Stingy?

Today yet another bad day for me. Deadlines are suddenly lurking around under my neck, and stress made me even hungrier then ever. Then came lunch time. I went to this one canteen stall selling economical rice because I wanted to check out the baking shop couple doors next to it. As usual with economical rice, you get to choose which veggies to accompany your precious rice. I patiently queued thinking of, what chocolate mold the shop would have. Then came my turn to choose which veggie I would like to eat. I was served by this auntie and I got bad vibes already from this auntie. As I chose the veggies, the auntie scooped it. But when I saw the way she scooped my share of veggie, I was enraged in a big way. Here were the auntie's procedure of scooping: 1. She flattened your piece of veggie until so flat you couldn't see it anymore from the spot you stand 2. She scooped half of whatever flattened veggie of your choice which only filled up half of the small ladle that she used 3. After she put it on your plate, she put it back some of them to the pan. I was in total anguish seeing her doing that for 3 of my veggies. I tried so hard at my best ability to hold my tongue not to scream 'PLEASE LAH AUNTIE, DON"T BE SO STINGY'. I did end up blurting the whole sentence but rattled off to silent at the last word. I was such a coward. Found that it's baseless and a sure loss to be in a screaming match against a 'CINA' auntie.
Then seeing me with the very dark deep blue and black face, the auntie said to me 'What happened to you today?' with a not so nice tone, off course (what did you expect?). I was ready to shout at her at that particular moment with 'YOU, YOU, YOU were the reason that make me feel so excruciating for paying 3.5$ for tiny bitty scoops of dear veggies and 1 sunny side up egg'.
This is why I don't like CINA mentality. They think by treating customer this way they'll earn more money. Wait until there's a competitor lurking around nearby, then you'll eat your hearts out. On top of that, you also only earn bloody salary and don't even share the glory of profit for your 'lau pan' from your stinginess.
And, to make my day worse. The chocolate mold is so expensive!!! 35SGD just for 1 20-pc chocolate mold is a totally over-priced to me. So, must come out with another method of making chocolate truffle professionally but cost effective. I'm not running a bakery, let alone not a chocolatier.
I was so distressed by the time I left the shop that I went to Ateng's Bakery at Raffles Place, bought one of that chocolate cake and gulped it with no remorse. The cake was a bit too sweet to my taste so by the time I finished it, I was sugar OD and back to my work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so this was the fateful day with expensive mould and also sinful chocolate cake...and the stingy auntie :)

Chill chill, weekend will be here before you know it ;)

kyuriri said...

Speaking of the devil, today I saw a 'bird nest' hair male kutu. Literally...