Monday, March 24, 2008

Kyoto Aji Tei - Plaza Singapura

I hate Ajisen Ramen for 3 reasons. One, the ramen taste instant. Two, the soup is damn saltish. Three, it’s overprice and there’re LOTS of better ramen joints in Singapore. So, I have doubts when I see that this Kyoto Aji Tei is within Ajisen group. However, my love for Jap food won me over so I tried this place, for the sake of trying. I ordered the Omu rice set, and the desert, forget the name but it’s basically black honey jelly w/ mochi etc. The omu rice is OK (I have better ones before), but in Singapore is considerably good already. The omelet is not dry, just nice wrapping the fried rice with shitake mushroom, showered with mayo and okonomiyaki sauce. Too bad it’s not demi-glace sauce, though. So, plus one for Ajisen. But I’m quite disappointed with the dessert because the picture looks nicer than the real thing.
So, in the end Ajisen group is not black-listed yet in my book. I’ll still go back for the omu rice J.

No comments: