Monday, March 24, 2008

Ma Maison ~ Central

Ma Maison is located at 1 small corner somewhere on the 3rd floor of the mall, if you don’t get lost first. I’ve been wanted to try this place for quite some time because of the food display is so mouth-watering. I like hamburger steak (ハンバーグ ステキ) but it must be the good one, and this place provides that. The part that makes me curious about this place is that they serve most of their menu with the brown sauce (デミグラスソース). Most restaurants in Singapore (that I’ve visited so far) do not do that and it defeats the purpose of eating omu rice (オム ライス) or the hamburger steak itself. But, silly me, I’ve been eyeing the hamburger steak all the time but ended up ordering the omu rice (my philosophy is that if the omu rice is good, then everything is good, but nevertheless I still get to eat the hamburger steak because I made my dad ordered that J). The lunch set serves with soup of the day (thin version of clam chowder, not bad, despite it’s thinness, it’s still tasty and pleasant to you palate), salad (simple water lettuce with some sweet corn and the radish dressing), the main meal and finishing up with tea/coffee (hot or cold, it’s your choice). The omu rice is quite good though I had better ones (but off course not in Singapore), but it’s still considered one of the best in here thus far (confirmed it’s better than Sun and Moon’s). I’m a bit disappointed because the omelette is not wrapping the rice, it’s just put on top of it although it’s very fluffy and creamy. The ketchup fried rice is quite good (but still think that St. George is the best, sigh). But despite the minor disappointment, I still enjoy my meal. The hamburger steak is good, suits to be called their specialty. The ground beef patty is well mixed and so tender that it melts in your mouth (not exaggerating here, or may be a bit…, but it really is with the sunny side up egg on top of it :d). The demiglace sauce is rather thin compare to my expectation but who am I to complain because to make that sauce is damn difficult and takes very long time (unless it’s canned J, but I will never know that). With the price tag of 16.5++ SGD to 20++ SGD per set meal for lunch, I find it to be rather satisfying (hey, we go home with full stomach and not complaining), so it’s worth a second visit and the third, fourth, ……. J

No comments: