Monday, March 24, 2008

Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs - Rangoon Rd

I went to eat Bakuteh at the famous Rangoon Rd stall. It's just about 10 minutes walk from Farrell Park MRT station (so you don't need to take taxi, even though you get the impression that it's in the middle of nowhere, it's not).
When I got there, it's not that crowded yet (thankfully) but when the lunch hour started to kick in, people began to flock the place endlessly and now I understand the reason why it's like that.
It's simply because it's the best bakuteh stall in Singapore (again, according to me :)). The herb was strong yet tasty, the garlic was not overpowering and you could also taste strong peppers (I think they use more than 2 types of peppers). Enough about the soup, now we move on to what we ate. We ordered liver, kidney, intestines (this one is not my fave, but for those who love it, you'll be more than happy because they have plentiful in 1 serving). They all were very nice, if you don't like pig organs, you can stick with the pork ribs, but I think it will be wasted not to taste everything :). I also had pig trotters which was also nice, gulped the whole plate myself. To reduce our guilty feelings of gubbling so much fat, we drank some Chinese tea (already forget the name) that leave sweet aftertaste. This whole scenario is one of the satisfying meals I had so far in Singapore.
Pricewise? It's not that cheap, actually, but then again, we ordered so much, so I think it's reasonable.

No comments: