Monday, March 24, 2008

TCC ~ The Coffee Connoisseur

Finally, something good from TCC (or finally I found it). Don't get me wrong, I very seldom go to TCC because I don't really like their stuff. Their cakes not fantastic and sometimes too dry (or too long in the fridge). Their drinks are too sweet, especially the hot coffee beverages (that include milk, cream and sugar). But, my perception has change and I see a glimpse of hope now that it's not that bad. One dessert that makes me change my mind is their Vanilla Bread Pudding. They use some kind of Baguette (I think). It's not too sweet and the texture is soft and not dry. The vanilla is not overpowering to the pallate makes me able to eat more of it. Presentation wise, it's quite different from usual bread pudding I had before. Usually, the bread pudding come in ramekin, just like creme brulee or creme caramel. But this time it's sliced and served in plate with ice cream.
Another thing that changed my mind about TCC is the Azuki Cooler. It's coffee with azuki bean paste on the bottom of the glass and off course, milk and whip cream. The sweetness only come from the Azuki beans so it's not so overpowering (I very seldom finish my frappucino because it's too sweet).
So, yeah, now I think TCC is not that bad, but still think their price is a bit steep :p.

No comments: