Saturday, December 27, 2008

Last Friend



I watch the dorama because of the OST, unlike normal people who search for the OST after watching the dorama. The OST is by Utada Hikaru with title 'Prisoner of Love.' I embeded the youtube clip on my previous posting. Love the song, so must watch the dorama (what kind of logic is that? Saa....)


Here is the dorama synopsis from dramawiki. Am too lazy to retell the story. It's a pretty heavy dorama with lots of dilemma and current issues in society. Michiru, the main character is dealing with domestic violence in and out her household. Ruka, the other main character, also has a handful dilemma and mental suffering. The male lead, Takeru, has his own issues too. And Michiru's boyfriend, Sousuke? You'll be cursing him from the 1st episode. I did and I want to see him suffer for once (yet to see this, but hopefully I get what I want to see).


What I like about this dorama besides the story and the OST is the casting (which basically tallies to everything here). You'll see reminiscence of Nodame as Ruka (Ueno Juri) and Takeru (Eita) is in. But their character is definitely 360 degree different from the hillarious side of Nodame. Now I'm a fan of Ueno Juri (I like her since the Swing Girls and off course Nodame). She can do practically any roles! In here, she plays a tomboy Ruka who loves Michiru (not sure where it leads to, but the relationship reminds me of Nana, just that it's shown blatantly in here). You'll also see dejavu of Proposal Daisakusen. I have yet to watch this dorama but is now in my must watch list as it seems that there are always people from this dorama on the other doramas that I watched.


And off course, to attract more fan girl viewers, they have to throw in at least one Johnny's Jr ikemen *wink*. This time it's NewS' Nishikido Ryo. But must give a thumbs up to Ryo because of his villain character as Sousuke. His merciless glares when he's angry is enough to give me chills. He's also casted in '1 Liter Tears' (the ultimate tear jerker and it's based on real story).


So while I'm preparing some tissues now to continue watching this dorama, here is the dorama chart to look and ponder. Don't worry, this is not that complicated. Saw more complicated chart in those Samurai doramas, like Yoshitsune for example (you definitely have watched this 50 episode dorama if you're a Takki fan).



No comments: