Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Moon ~ Novel

Well, I just can't wait until I go to US to buy the box set so I settled with the paperback version from Kinokuniya yesterday, and off course finished the whole book at the same day. So much for my New Year's Eve.

New Moon as a sequel of Twilight in some ways answers most of my rantings on Twilight, which is to my delight.

  • It has more intense emotional roller coaster. Check!
  • It has more adventure and ala Da Vinci Code style chasing and adrenaline rush. Check!
  • The story plot runs faster with lots of emotional turbulence already on a spree from the beginning. Check!
  • Now the rating improve to 'PG'. With more violence lurking around as Bella went suicidal and thanks to those werewolves. But, I have yet to see Vampire on Vampire action, so, it stays as 'PG.' Reluctantly, but I'd still give it a Check!

The story begin with happy moments between Bella and Edward but was soon jeopardized by one tiny accident and led to another disaster, which left Bella ended up alone and in much despair for months (you'll be cursing Edward during reading these chapters). Then in the course to move on, Bella encountered another mythical creature in Forks, werewolves. And now Bella was thorn on which side should she be, Vampires or Werewolves?

The only part of the book that I don't really fancy is only the werewolves part. I'm a vampire story junkie, not a werewolves story junkie. It's a reason why I can read so fast because I just basically run through the middle section of the book like I run through accounting textbook. Only the difference, this one is more exciting than textbook. Another reason why I can move from one page to another faster than when I read Twilight is that I don't need to use so much manga/anime imagination for werewolves. I'm lacking references for werewolves. haha... To me, vampires, especially in this book, look much more kakkoii especially with their cars compare to the werewolves.

One more note to my anime/manga imagination. I really think Alice should be pictured wearing goth loli costumes, complete with the dark hair ringlets, during the entire book. It suits her perfectly. And after discussion with Koala, we agree that Kame will serve more justice as Edward. Haha... but that's just my imagination running wild.

No comments: